If you are tired of using multiple remote control that clutters anywhere, one universal remote is the ultimate solution. The Sony universal remote will not only offer a perfect solution but is user-friendly and designed with guaranteed quality. Sit back, relax and follow the easy programming tips below. In this blog we have mentioned all the sony remote codes which can be search by using the below methods which are suitable to your sony device. So once check the steps and codes from below lines.
- Sony dvd player remote codes
- Sony soundbar remote codes
- How do you program a universal remote to a sony blu-ray player
- Sony VCR Universal Remote Codes List
- Sony Disc Player Universal Remote Codes
- Sony DBS Receiver Universal Remote Codes
- Sony Cable Box Universal Remote Codes
- 1 How to Program Sony Universal Remote Without Codes
- 2 How to Program Sony Universal Remote With Manual Method
- 3 How to Program Sony Universal Remote With Code Search
- 4 Important Things to Remember When Programming the Sony Universal Remote Codes
Sony Universal Remote 3 Digit Codes
002, 000, 011, 080, 111, 006, 071, 128, 925
Sony Universal Remote 4 Digit Codes
0000, 0834, 0810, 1685, 1786, 1032, 1972, 1904
RCA Universal Remote Codes For Sony
1002, 1205, 1216, 1218, 1243, 1435, 1459
GE & One-For-All Universal Remote Codes For Sony
0128, 0013, 0002, 0071, 0380
Philips Universal Remote Codes For Sony
0414, 0902, 0801, 0708, 0639
Magnavox Universal Remote Codes For Sony
0014, 0030, 0050
How to Program Sony Universal Remote Without Codes
In the auto search method, all the universal remote codes are gone through scanning process in the remote. It scans one code at a time to find out the correct remote code that works with your remote to program the control. Follow the instructions given below:
- “Switch On” the smart device like “TV” that you want the universal remote to operate.
- “Turn on” the remote, tap on the device button (TV, DVD, CBL and OK/SEL) for 3 seconds. The LED light indicates the device is ready to program.
- Point out the remote to device and click on “CH+” & “CH-“ switches. Remote will show on/off signals. Press “up” or “down” key continuously till the device will turn off.
- Verify the code by clicking on “power” key. Device should turn on. If it starts, try changing the channel to verify that remote is programmed correctly.
- Now tap the “device” button to save the code. LED of Device will blink twice for confirming the code stored.
How to Program Sony Universal Remote With Manual Method
By using the keycode we can easily program a universal remote and the keycode identifies the make and model of your equipment.
- First you need to “Turn The Device On”
- Press the “TV” on your “Sony universal remote”
- Now press and hold the “Setup button” of the Universal Remote until it shows the “Light Flash” (It means it is in “Learning mode”)
- Finally enter the “Keycode” which you collected from the programing guide (Instructions Booklet)
- Once you’ve done this procedure, just “point your remote at the TV” and then “Press And Hold The Power” button
- You can release the “Power Button” whenever the screen switches off
That’s all, your TV will work perfectly now with the universal remote control, if your device is not working then try to repeat the same procedure with the different code from the same part of the reference table.
How to Program Sony Universal Remote With Code Search
If you couldn’t find the key code which works for the device at that time you can setup your universal remote to search mode for the correct one. Its a code in manual which forces the remote into the search mode
- First of all “Turn The Device On”
- Now press and hold the “Setup” button
- Enter the “9-9-1” (three digit) code
- Now hold down the “Power Button” on the remote and then press the Channel up them until the device in this case your tv “Turns Off”
The above method might take some extra time but it is very important to find your key code. Once you have done the above procedure your remote should be working for all the in functions.
Important Things to Remember When Programming the Sony Universal Remote Codes
Here are the important things you should know when programming the remote:
- When the codes under a specific brand is not working after trying several times, perform the proper search corresponding a correct code or you may try entering code from other brands. Provided in the manual along with the remote is the operating instructions so may sure you are following the instructions properly.
- Reset the remote control when programming fails. Remove the batteries first when trying to reset and press every button twice using the remote control.
- Setup the remote after replacing the batteries. The programmed codes may be erased when batteries are replaced after the procedure.
- The previously entered code number will be erased if a new code is entered.
- There are instances when some of the functions might not be able to be controlled by the Sony universal remote. In this event, use the equipment’s own remote.
The setup procedure of Sony universal remote codes is as easy as counting 1,2,3. All you have to do is be patient and follow the step by step process to successfully benefit from the perks of this remote.